The Alcohol. Think Again Perth Heat are committed to promoting a healthy lifestyle in the community.
Perth Heat and Team Australia pitcher Dan Schmidt shares his Top 5 injury prevention tips!
1. Stretching before activities. Doing both a static and active warmup ensuring to stretch and engage each muscle group.
2. Pre-game sprints. Making sure to do at least 5 sprints before each game (2 at 100%)
3. Pre-game catch. Making sure you throw to max distance and again ensuring you’re making throws at 100% before you take the field.
4. Keeping well hydrated before, during and after games/practice. Through water and electrolytes.
5. Recovery. Post game, post morning stretching, foam rolling, self massage, range of motion exercises.